Thursday, July 4, 2013

New Start Screen Properties in Windows 8.1 and Booting into Desktop

Windows 8.1 has brought many new features for the managing of new Modern UI. You can reach some of them by right clicking on your Task Bar on the bottom of the screen and clicking on Properties. You can find these settings in the Navigation tab:



  1. Go to the desktop instead of Start when I sign in: This is one of my favorite features in Windows 8.1. If you check it your PC will directly boot into desktop instead of terrible Start Screen Windows 8 has brought.
  2. Show my desktop background on Start: If you check it you will see your wallpaper on Modern Start Screen background. 
  3. Show the Apps view automatically when I go to Start: I strongly recommend you to check this option and use it along with "Search everywhere instead of just my apps when I search from the Apps view". You can easily search files and settings by just pressing Win Key and start typing anything you want to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment